Mido has told the Chronicle that he is fit and ready to play ahead of tomorrow’s match at home to Nottingham Forest but manager Keith Hill has no plans to include him.
The Egyptian striker returned to training last week following a hamstring injury that put him out for more than two months and scored his first goal in a Barnsley shirt on Monday when he converted a penalty in the development team’s 2-1 loss to Huddersfield Town.
Reds manager Keith Hill said last week that Mido was just as unfit now as when he signed in the summer but the striker says he is ready for the first team.
Mido, 29, told the Chronicle: “I am ready to play now. I could start or come on as a sub. Whatever. Of course it is up to the manager to choose the team but I am fit enough to play. I have been working really hard since I ruptured my hamstring and I am much fitter than when I came to the club.
“I felt good on Monday and I like to help the young lads. “They are talented but need more work.”