Darfield peacock causes mayhem

By ashley ball, Wombwell/Dearne Reporter Friday 1st August 2014
Peacock Darfield

A PEACOCK is causing mayhem at a street in Darfield and a resident is calling for the owner to come forward and collect it.

The bird appeared last week in the gardens of residents on Springfield Crescent and has been causing numerous problems.

Debbie Thawley, 35, says it has ruined her garden and the has also been frightening her 20-month-old daughter Maisie.
She is appealing for the owner to come forward.

She said: "We put all new plants and flowers in a while ago and I'd say three quarters of them have been torn up by the peacock.

"Surely it belongs to somebody. I've put appeals out there but haven't had any responses yet."

Posted by mandy I Sat 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:09pm

Oh my word!! Get a grip lv... it's a peacock not a bloody bear!!!

Posted by Dave I Sat 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:39pm

O my god! It was in my back garden n all I found this video of it on youtube just type 'Darfield Peacock'

Posted by Caron I Sat 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:52pm

It was in our garden too. Seems like it's been all over Darfield, but I was told the owner had been located and was from Billingley.

Posted by Clare I Sat 2nd Aug 2014 at 7:40pm

I'm on Springfield crescent too and have seen the poor little guy, he was looking worse for wear and was had lost almost all of his tail feathers. Hope he's home safe :)

Posted by Mark msk I Sun 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:02pm

Peacock belongs to Horrobins at Brookfield

Posted by zef I Mon 4th Aug 2014 at 12:39pm

Hey Mandy. If it terrorised your Daughter how would you feel??? If you spent money in your garden how would you feel??? If you want in yours its here FOC. Free of charge to you. I Know the street

Posted by Jamie I Mon 4th Aug 2014 at 10:24pm

What sort of child is scared of a peacock? My daughter would've chased after it and tried cuddling it like she did with the one at the farm.

Posted by JD I Tue 5th Aug 2014 at 11:21am

That's not really 'mayhem', is it?

Posted by debbie I Sat 9th Aug 2014 at 9:50pm

Ok can i just set the record straight seen as tho i need to get a grip ...firstly i only called the chronicle to see if they would help me find the owner before the bird came to any harm id been to local farms and made numerous calls to no avail 2 month ago i spent a fortune doing our garden for our daughter to play in this bird was bigger than her and had a really loud squark to it which it would start making the noise from early morning it wouldnt move if you chased it plus i myself have a bird phobia so no i didnt want it in my garden so if i need to get a grip for trying to help the bird and let my one year old be able to play then so be it ...my other daughters thought it was great...so why i should have to explain myself for trying to help an animal maybe next time ill leave it to find its own way home n end up dead somewhere maybe then the comments would be poor thing theres some horrible people out there for not helping it and for the record i never said anything about mayhem !!!!