Free delivery offered for recycling bins

By stephanie daley, Assistant Editor Friday 25th July 2014

THE deadline is looming to get a free delivery for a blue or brown recycling bin from the council.

The council has already taken 29,000 orders for new or bigger bins from residents - and there are 2,500 scheduled for delivery over the next three weeks.

The last orders for free deliveries of blue or brown bins will be taken on Thursday 31July.

Posted by nicole I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:05pm

I rang them in march wanting bins delivered and I am still waiting! I phone every week to be told theres still an 8 weeks wait?!

Posted by ian king I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:31pm

I didint no it was a free bluee bin we havent got one

Posted by Sharon young I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:32pm

I too put in an order in march not heard anything.

Posted by wallywall I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:37pm

We ordered a couple back in Feb still no sign. Waste of time o

Posted by concerned I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:43pm

Why do we even bother?

i have a SMALL Brown

Posted by nigel David Cooke I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:47pm

Ordered ours in march. Still aint got it !!!!

Posted by GR I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 1:48pm

Still waiting for an order put in since January. 6 months....right farce.

Posted by Jayne Featherstone I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 2:02pm

Still waiting, ordered my bigger bins as soon as leaflet came out, fed up of hearing that Barnsley Council can't cope with the backlog. Why change something if they can't actually cope with the changes themselves? Collections missed and bins over flowing.....Well Done Barnsley Council

Posted by Samantha Wright I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 2:13pm

We order a upgrade on our blue and brown bins back in Dec were still waiting and we have rerung them and they said it will be here in a few weeks and we are still WAITING

Posted by Christine hayton I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 2:30pm

How do I order one

Posted by Scott I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 2:45pm

It'd be ok if you delivered them! I ordered 3 new bins on 10th February and have been in touch with waste management at the council and the manager, Graham Smith. I was promised by Graham, only after complaining that I've been waiting nearly 24 weeks to have them delivered 'tomorrow' his email said. That was 2 weeks ago and still have not got them! And they wonder why people fly tip! Waste management?? Waste of space!!

Posted by katrina I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 2:52pm

Ive phoned 3 times and am still waitin 3 months later and got no bigger brown bin or bigger blue bin that they have promised me

Posted by Mrs Carole Atherton I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 2:56pm

We ordered ours ages ago still waiting for a new large brown bin also a new large green bin.

Posted by julie croft I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 3:01pm

II ordered ours via e mail in April and still waiting, we wer told to put it in he back of our car where my two children sit, and take it to the yard to swap!!

Posted by Sue I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 3:16pm

We ordered ours in march and still not got them, I'm sick of seeing them overflowing

Posted by Avril I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 3:20pm

I was probably one of the first to order a blue and a brown bin in January , as I'd never had one .The rest of the street had theirs delivered months ago , I'm still waiting ! ? I put all my cardboard in the grey bin , as when you put it in sacks .. they leave rubbish all over the street ! New re-cycling ? Its a total disaster !

Posted by J COLES I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 3:24pm

I ordered a large brown bin in February and am still waiting , I got my large blue one last month, why couldn't they deliver them both at same time

Posted by James Kirk I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 4:41pm

I ordered mine in January I'm still waiting for brown and blue Big Bins

Posted by Anthony Rushforth I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 5:04pm

Its ok having the bins delivered, but what about having them emptied on schedule?

Posted by chris pygott I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 5:15pm

Can you send me a bigger brown bin please.

Posted by Peter hewson I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 5:37pm

We need a blue and browm bin we beem waiting 3months

Posted by Rebecca hall I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 6:15pm

Please can you deliver me a large brown and blue bin.

Posted by Russ I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 6:18pm

Trouble is they take up so much space. We've got a black, blue, green and a white bin, then a white bag!

Posted by Annon I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 7:03pm

I ordered them

On feb 25th and kept chasing it but still not arrived

Typical

Posted by Jo hinchliffe I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 9:02pm

I emailed twice and never got a reply....waste if time and effort

Posted by gary I Sun 27th Jul 2014 at 11:06pm

what a load of trash and i don't mean the waste i actually mean the council as in a waste of time ordered in febuary and here we are back end of july still waiting and told 6 weeks LETS NOT BOTHER RECYCLING just throw it in any bin you can that may then be a lesson learnt RESIDENTS ARE FED UP

Posted by one bigger brown wheelie binless tax payer I Mon 28th Jul 2014 at 12:56am

as prob most ppl been waiting a looooong time. ive been waiting march for brown bin and when I phoned up to check progress the had me down as blue. got told several times would be with us on next brown collection date only now to be told it will be by end of july. wont hold my breath… may delay paying my council tax and see how long before I get summons

Posted by natalie I Mon 28th Jul 2014 at 3:09am

Why bother just to be fobbed offoi ordered in Feb/march time rang a number of times and was told would be delivered in the next 10 working days.....nor told its on way ha ha joke o what,,this is obviously a major issue so wen is it going to be rectified

gc

Posted by LIsa I Mon 28th Jul 2014 at 5:22am

I'm still waiting for a blue one

Posted by paula I Mon 28th Jul 2014 at 7:28pm

They should have thought about this and delivered

All bina before this new delivery system got put in place

Posted by L Oconnell I Tue 29th Jul 2014 at 10:05am

I've been waiting since January for a brown bin.keep been told anytime now.its ridiculous

Posted by Bev I Tue 29th Jul 2014 at 2:40pm

Still waitin for em since march

Posted by Katie I Tue 29th Jul 2014 at 6:03pm

ordered all new when I moved in my new house in febuary. so far they have delivered a brown bin withought taking the old burned one! I ring nearly every week to place a new order and to be told they will be with me within 10 days!!

Posted by wayne deakin I Tue 29th Jul 2014 at 7:55pm

I have ordered but haven't received can you confirm I am getting a large brown bin and a small blue one

Posted by I Mathers I Fri 5th Sep 2014 at 1:01am

Ordered a large blue and brown bin on the 14th January 2014, is this the record. We've emailed phoned many times, each time told deliver in 2 weeks or by the end of the month. But we are still waiting!!