Three arrested in child abuse crackdown

By Lynsey Bradford, Town Reporter Thursday 17th July 2014
Police

THREE people in Barnsley have been arrested as part of a six-month national operation targeting people accessing child abuse images online.

The covert operation was co-ordinated by the National Crime Agency. South Yorkshire Police said as of Tuesday, six warrants had been executed and three people in the town had voluntarily attended at a police station to be interviewed.

Nationally, 660 people have been arrested, including teachers, doctors, former police officers and scout leaders.

More than 400 children have been protected as a result.

Charges already brought range from possessing indecent images of children to serious sexual assault.

** The story appears in the Barnsley Chronicle, dated July 18. **

Posted by John I Thu 17th Jul 2014 at 5:15pm
Posted by Eskimo Rodriguez I Thu 17th Jul 2014 at 5:50pm
Posted by jimmy I Thu 17th Jul 2014 at 9:53pm
Posted by Sim I Fri 18th Jul 2014 at 12:10am

What people need to realise having myself gone through a trial there is a lot of police work goes in before they arrest and bring someone to trial. The cps are a jury in themselves and you have to get things past them and then get a jury to also reach the same verdict so sorry jimmy but having heard people call a pedophile who abused me called innocent till proven guilty I now know if someone is charged the chances that they have done it are very high and it's not nice for victims to read people putting innocent till proven guilty and then see the same people sympathising with the victim when it comes out they've been found guilty. A lot of the time when it goes to court and they are found innocent it's likely to be a technicality as it costs thousands to take them to court and the cps won't do that unless they are certain they will get a conviction. I should know after the amount of years it took for the cps to get all the evidence in my case but at least I got my guilty verdict

Posted by Wendy I Fri 18th Jul 2014 at 4:58pm