Make Barnsley Chronicle My Home Page Close
Share this story

Man poisoned by disposable barbecue

By john threlkeld, Deputy Editor Friday 27th June 2014
David Waddington

A BARNSLEY man found dead in his home is believed to have been poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes from a disposable barbecue.


Police and fire crews broke into the terraced house on Tune Street on Sunday at around 6.30pm after concerns were raised by relatives.

 

Inside they found the body of Stephen Waddington, 53. Close by they discovered the remains of a burnt out disposable barbecue.

 

** We have an interview with his family in the Barnsley Chronicle newspaper, dated June 27. **