Make Barnsley Chronicle My Home Page Close
NewsBook signing and bake off for Barnsley author NewsFun in the sun as temperatures top 30 degrees NewsBarnsley family to appear on TV show NewsSam cooks up storm in Celebrity MasterChef NewsHundreds pay their last respects to Daniel NewsName and shame boards planned for fly tipping hot spots Proud Of BarnsleyCawthorne company nominated for Community Hero award NewsWrestling fans mourn the death of legend NewsStaff celebrate with anniversary party NewsNew company takes on museum cafe NewsBarnsley band drums up new members NewsTown centre redevelopment scheme approved NewsGraphic porn website removed after complaint NewsTraders speak out on £50m redevelopment plans NewsBarnsley DJ Stephanie Hirst makes radio return NewsHoyland's remaining butchers shut down
Share this story

Trio escape after chip pan fire

By Lynsey Bradford, Town Reporter Friday 6th June 2014

THREE people escaped unharmed after a chip pan fire at a home in Smithies.


Two women and a man discovered the fire in the kitchen of a property on Emley View at about 10.30pm on Wednesday.


They were checked for smoke inhalation but did not attend hospital.


Firefighters from Cudworth tackled the blaze and prevented smoke and flames from spreading.


They left after 30 minutes.