Doubt cast over future of Ardsley House

By Lynsey Bradford, Town Reporter Friday 23rd May 2014

THE future of Ardsley House Hotel is in doubt and a review is being carried out amid 'siginificant losses'.

Couples due to get married at the hotel from August onward have been offered refunds after being called earlier this week to be told it may not be open after the summer.

Up to 50 staff also face redundancy.

** Our reporters have the full story in the Town and Wombwell editions of this week's Chronicle. **

Posted by A Nonny Rat I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 9:11am
Posted by Reddistyke I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 10:38am

More likely due to rrelegation from the Championship and the fact that League 1 away teams are less likely to stay there

Posted by Barnsley lass I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 10:59am

Not surprised at all as attended a wedding lady year the buffet

Posted by Another Barnsley lass I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 2:02pm
Posted by A wannabe Barnsley lass I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 2:29pm

Very sad, this was once a lovely Hotel, sadly standards

Posted by Upset Customer I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 5:04pm

it's not fair everyone slagging ardsley house off its none off the staffs fault its gone down hill!!!! at the end of the day its a barnsley tressure and you should have more consideration for the 50 staff being made redundant!!!

Posted by Jill White I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 5:17pm

It has been badly managed by the owners.Staff have kept it going this long .Sad all round

Posted by Kathryn Ellis I Fri 23rd May 2014 at 5:51pm

The management were an absolute joke. I booked my wedding for here In July..... Lost £500 becauseI was the one who cancelled when I didn't believe that they were not going into administration!!! All I can say is thank god i followed my gut instinct not to believing them!!

Posted by Jos Gibson I Sat 24th May 2014 at 8:12am

What a shame for what was a once highly successful business providing a high standard of hospitality to customers in the town

Posted by JSTAR I Thu 29th May 2014 at 8:53am

Ardsley House has to compete against the cheap budget hotels that have taken over the town. Cheap rooms , without breakfast are heavily marketed by the new motels. Brooklands offers cheap deals on wowcher to compete in this market. Sad this once lovely hotel is in decline. What will replace it? Come on Ramada, Fairway, Travelodge and Premier inn up your prices, room rates have gone down in price over the last 10 years, but the electricity,food rates and staff wages have all gone up. How could Ardsley House survive in this market?