Fire crews from across South Yorkshire tackled a blaze at Ardagh Glass which caused a large amount of molten glass to leak from a furnace.
Seven fire engines attended the glass bottle manufacturers on Burton Road on Sunday at 10.30pm.
They tackled the fire throughout the night and were still on site at 10am on Monday cooling the molten glass.
A spokesman for the fire service said no one was injured, and that the cause of the fire would be investigated.
An Ardagh spokesman said the leak occurred at the number one furnace.
“This was immediately attended by our on-site fire team, assisted by the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
“The situation was brought fully under control and no one was injured. We would like to thank the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, for their support in bringing this incident quickly and safely under control.”