Dapper 'ghost' Jack captured on iPad

By Paul Nizinskyj, Wombwell Reporter Tuesday 7th August 2012
Apparition: Jack the ghost.
Images (1)
Pd29064 Ghost hunters: Gillian and Charlotte Wearing in their haunted garden. 1 of 1

Most mothers would be distraught if their daughter said, 'I see dead people' - but Gillian Wearing was delighted.

For the last four years daughter Charlotte, 16, says she has seen the apparition of a man dressed in Victorian attire in her family home on Genn Lane, Ward Green.

He has never appeared to mum and lover of the supernatural Gillian, 58, or dad Guy, 60, but Charlotte accidentally captured the dapper spirit, which the family have affectionately named 'Jack', in a photo on her iPad tablet computer.

It appears to show a shadowy man, standing near a bush in the family's back garden, wearing a top hat and cape.

Gillian said it came as a big shock to the family.

She said Charlotte was trying to take a photo of a wood pigeon. "But, when she came down the stairs, her face was white and she was tapping the iPad because she'd got Jack," said Gillian.

Charlotte said she has also seen a woman in a blue frock and shawl holding a baby in her parents' room last year and Gillian thinks this may have something to do with Jack.

Gillian said: "I feel so sorry for him because I think he's looking for his wife and child. I think he should just move on but I'd love to know who he was and why he's here."

Despite her mother's enthusiasm, however, Charlotte says she would prefer not to have her 'gift'. "I don't like it," she said. "I just don't like it."

Posted by paul@project reveal I Tue 7th Aug 2012 at 3:37pm

Would you likes paranormal team to come investigate? Or maybe your daughter would like to come to an event? There's nothing to be scared of lol

Posted by paul@project reveal I Tue 7th Aug 2012 at 3:46pm

Can't see any photo though lol

Posted by blondie_456 I Tue 7th Aug 2012 at 4:24pm

Unfortunately this is not real! I have the exact same application for my iPhone which can add this exact man wearing the top hat and coat. The application is called ghost capture and you can download it now from App store on any apple product. Sorry to spoil the fun :(

Posted by Matt I Tue 7th Aug 2012 at 10:56pm

That's the worst photo I've ever seen

Posted by harps I Thu 9th Aug 2012 at 10:27pm

Everybody whos got Apple store go and download Ghost Capture free Edition.

Here you will see how easy this was to fake!

Its the same Guy ive got on my iphone.

I hope the Girls got a red face shes wanting attention!!!!

Posted by stutheenquirer I Thu 9th Aug 2012 at 11:41pm

****** ridiculous !

Posted by RonnieGlavinscores I Fri 10th Aug 2012 at 11:49am

What a joke! Everyone knows it can't be 'Jack', but it is.. 'Ward Green Willy', who was last seen fishing in the reservoir one stormy day, and was never seen again... And now, when the full moon shines he returns to walk the gardens of Ward Green in his Victorian fishing attire, frightening folks with ipads, who have nothing else better to do.... Wooooooooo!!

Posted by owenb I Sat 11th Aug 2012 at 9:06am

It's from an app called Ghost Capture. Here's a screenshot at MacWorld showing that exact ghost top right.

Charlotte Wearing just wanted some attention, and she got it. Sad, really.

Posted by gillianjanuary I Tue 14th Aug 2012 at 10:36am

To all out there who think this is a "joke" Hand on heart, this picture was captured in the garden and it is not an APP. The apparition has been seen in the house as well as the garden. Charlotte is not an attention seeker and anyone who wants to see the picture on the i pad are more than welcome

Posted by Knickers I Sat 16th Nov 2013 at 4:58am

I was really interested in this article as i myself have had experiences with the paranormal, usually at times of great emotional distress. Unfortunately, this does appear to have striking similarities to a picture on the aforementioned ipad application. But what a world is this where someone out for a little mischief and fun could be shot down so cruelly. Examine your own motives you cruel name callers.... i have a name for you and that is the name Bully.